The first time I had Sunday Brunch was at the Rivers Casino in Pittsburgh. I thought I walked into the doors of heaven. All you can drink Mimosa. Warm prime rib doused in Au Jus sauce. Shrimp on shrimp on shrimp. Fried chicken. Now you know I love my fried chicken, y’all. And don’t even get me started on the omelet bar.
I’m telling you, it was Heaven. I thought there was nothing better.
Then I met Tabernacle Full Gospel Baptist Cathedral.
Here, I experienced a brunch better than the finest slice of prime rib. Spicier than the Old Bay I sprinkled on my shrimp and the hot sauce I poured on my chicken. Fuller than the omelet I stuffed with everything you can imagine.
Here, I received not only a slice of reality but the word of God via Pastor Doctor Donald Morton. I must admit, as much as your girl loves all you can drink Mimosa’s there is nothing as sweet as being drunk off the word of God.
Now, I am enjoying a new type of Sunday Brunch and I don’t have to pay $14.99 on top of the money that I lost playing my slots.
I’m talking about the time when I go home after an 8:00 a.m. service and reflect on the message I received.
I want to share my meal with you.
Please, enjoy my Sunday Brunch.
- November 27, 2016 – Have You Ever Laid Down with the Wrong One?
- November 30, 2016 – Can You Hear Jesus Knocking at Your Door?
- December 4, 2016 – The Gospel of Kevin Hart
- December 6, 2016 – Forgive AND Forget, or Nah?
- December 25, 2016 – Jeremy, Jesus was a mess too…
- December 31, 2016 – Transformation: The Wayne Wonder Theorem
- January 15, 2017 – Are Millennials Sleepin’, Woke or Both? Reflections on John 20:19-29
- January 29, 2017 – R.Lum.R ain’t the only one frustrated…
- February 26, 2017 – Love, Hip Hop and the Judgmental Black Church
- May 7, 2017 – The Gospel of Charlie Wilson: I’m blessed, I know it and I’m no longer afraid to show it